Mrs mickle knocked off her bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Here we are sat in York A&E waiting to be seen. A feckin eejit turned across the bike lane and took her out. She's walking/talking but very bruised and shaky. The inevitable outcome of inattentive drivers and piss poor infrastructure.
Sorry to read that mickle.
She wont know me from Adam but give her my best regards.

gavgav

Guru
Here we are sat in York A&E waiting to be seen. A feckin eejit turned across the bike lane and took her out. She's walking/talking but very bruised and shaky. The inevitable outcome of inattentive drivers and piss poor infrastructure.

So sorry to read this, best wishes to Mrs Mickle for a speedy recovery.

Hope she mends well and is soon back in the saddle again.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Thanks for all of your lovely messages.

She's come off remarkably well considering what she's been through. Very bruised ribs. A few scrapes. She went over the bonnet bashing her ribs on the bars on the way and then dumped in the road that the car was turning into. By the time her face hit the road she'd tumbled away most of the energy so a split lip and nowt else. The driver got out, took one look at her, got back in and drove away. A witness who works with him had to go and get him(!?). When I turned up he was telling her how traumatised he was by the event (?!) and how damaged his car was. He then explained to me that she'd been in his 'blindspot'. I pointed at the enormous painted silhouette of a bike and green tarmac that we were standing next to and that he'd taken her out because he'd driven across the bike lane without checking - he told me that there was no need to be nasty! He wants to be glad I'm a pacifist

tom73

Guru
The man is clearly a plank report it even if it just makes him sweat a bit it will be worth it. Glad Mrs M is mostly ok but ribs can be painful though so no making her laugh too much and gentle on the hugs. Having seen my Mrs in heap in the road i know it's nice to see given what happen think you did well keeping your cool.

Top Bottom