Mrs Tibbles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
She's a rescue cat, 14 years old. This is her favourite spot and when the radiator goes on she won't move until the spring.

IMG_20210914_093406_358.jpg

She was rescued at about 6 months old from a family where the children physically mistreated and tormented her. As a result shes always been extremely wary of humans, and its only the last couple of years she has begun to soften towards me.

She used to get on pretty well with Lemmy, and hopefully she'll do fine with Bruce when he arrives.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
She's a rescue cat, 14 years old. This is her favourite spot and when the radiator goes on she won't move until the spring.

View attachment 609068
She was rescued at about 6 months old from a family where the children physically mistreated and tormented her. As a result shes always been extremely wary of humans, and its only the last couple of years she has begun to soften towards me.

She used to get on pretty well with Lemmy, and hopefully she'll do fine with Bruce when he arrives.
Didn't realise you had a puss cat too. She's lovely. A bit like my last moggy before my Siamese. She lived to 20.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
She is gorgeous, credit to you for giving her a safe and loving home to live her life.

I had to rescue my cat from an alcoholic neighbour who was mistreating him. I had gone through the heartache of my previous cat dying, I decided to never have another one, but when you see an animal, in distress, and I knew that I could give him a peaceful life, it was an easy decision to make.

I would love a dog, but I live on my own in a flat and go out for a few hours each day, so its not really feasible.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our rescue has some dietary peculiarities. Given he was rescued from a building site, he goes crazy for ham, cheese and bacon. He even tried licking brown sauce off a plate last night - now that was a bit spicy, he coughed a bit... :laugh: The 'fridge' is the 'cupboard of plenty'. The 'posh' cats aren't that bothered about human food.

si_c

Guru
Our rescue has some dietary peculiarities. Given he was rescued from a building site, he goes crazy for ham, cheese and bacon. He even tried licking brown sauce off a plate last night - now that was a bit spicy, he coughed a bit... :laugh: The 'fridge' is the 'cupboard of plenty'. The 'posh' cats aren't that bothered about human food.
Our cat has taken a particular fancy to pastries and doughnuts. Whenever they make an appearance she insists on partaking, she'll even go for a bit of sourdough now and again. Also a rescue.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
We also have a cat called Rusty. He gets on well with Molly but he is more of an outdoor cat. He is out all day but comes back for his food every morning and evening. Sometimes, he even goes to sleep on my office chair upstairs. He has been known to disappear for a few days, which is a worry as there are woods very close to us and foxes tend to attack ginger cats. We think he is 6 or 7 years old as we rescued him from someone who moved away from the area. He is not very friendly really and will only tolerate being stroked for a short period and then hisses to let you know he has had enough.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yep 'Lord Fluffington' was a terror for anything spicy, if I was doing a Tortilla, Curry or a Chilli etc He'd be sat there waiting.

Madam Poppy will steal crisps, regardless of the flavour. She also likes poppadoms, cheese biscuits and shortbread fingers.

Madam Lexi is partial to Portuguese custard tarts, rice pudding, butter and milk.

Both girls like cheese, ham and canned tuna. :blush:

View attachment 609068

Ah, she's beautiful @Drago :wub:

Oh, I'm sure she'll take the cat's place in the natural order of things when Bruce arrives - i.e. firmly in charge ^_^

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.

View attachment 609068

So, Drago, do Mrs. Tibbles and Bruce get along? I missed your original post here in September. She's a gorgeous ol' gal. Nice spot she has by the radiator. :okay:

SLightly off topic - but I used to sometimes work in Chepstow . The Hotel nearest to where we worked had a cat - and I mean the hotel had one - not the owners.
It was a condition of the sale that they keep the cat - not sure how serious that was but anyway.
Apparently they had been there about 5- 6 years
the people they bought the hotel from had been there over 10 years - same cat
they had bought it from someone else who had had the cat for 'quite a while - same cat
he was clearly an old cat - and very well looked after
he did have his rules though - he patrolled the hotel in the evening and certain doors HAD to be open or a complaint was raised!!

and if it was sunny - well you know cats

Top Bottom