Mrs Uncle Phil witnesses aborted theft attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm glad it had a happy'ish ending Uncle Phil.
I stupidly dropped my phone once too and before I got home somebody had found it and rung the house. It restores your faith in human nature. Touch wood I've never had an atttempted bike theft but I got back to my mates bike in Dublin after a night out to find his lock completely mangled. He couldn't free his bike but I realised if we twisted it, the lock would fail, sure enough just a couple of twists it failed. Somebody must of spooked the original thief but nobody questioned what we were doing!

PBancroft

Sounds like a happy story to me.

Its surprisingly easy to not lock a bike up when you're in a rush. I locked mine up outside work the other day, diligently ensuring that the lock went through the frame and both wheels. Only when I got back at 5pm did I realise I hadn't locked it to the cycle rack and anyone could've picked it up and walked off with it. I'd even left my gloves on the post behind it as well.

Fortunately I must work for an honest organisation, as everything was where it should be when I returned.

smavter

Always lock your bike with a big chain through the front of your frame and your front wheel, to something stationary, front wheels are the easiest to nick and its discouraging having to take off the back wheel in bright daylight. dont bother with u locks and tiny springy locks, just get a motorcycle chain.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Batzman said:
Hmm. I remember that TV program where they rigged up cars with cameras and also to die after about 30 mins driving (and locking the doors to catch the thief) ... wouldn't it be great to have a bike rigged up the same (except for the doors bit!)... I'm sure you'd get some lovely footage...

I feel like I should try that myself sometimes :biggrin:

Edit, oh and I'd remove the brake blocks for them too Mwahaha!! Infact if you're going on holiday take the blocks out if the bikes at home. The theif doesnt know that you werent in the process of changing them and in maintenance ;)

Top Bottom