MS Edge - clunker!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I like Windows 10 a lot but MS Edge is not so hot.

Nice layout and once I got my head around it it looked and felt ok to use but...

...I am having issues with it not recognising legitimate websites, I click on a search result link and just end up with a blank page despite the correct url displaying and it massively slows down the speed of any other programs eg excel that I may have running at the same time.

I think I'll go back to Chrome.

How are others finding it?

stephec

Legendary Member
I've got it on a windows tablet and it works fine.

TVC

I'm not using it often, I prefer Chrome, but I do notice Chrome is much slower with W10, obviously Microsoft would never nobble it to get people to switch to Edge.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I was using Chrome for a while but it stopped supporting Garmin Connect so I'm back to Firefox again. I was bothered with adverts popping up on Edge which were bugging me so now using Firefox with Adblocker and all is running well again.

I was using Chrome for a while but it stopped supporting Garmin Connect so I'm back to Firefox again. I was bothered with adverts popping up on Edge which were bugging me so now using Firefox with Adblocker and all is running well again.
GC and Chrome work fine ok for me, and I'm on what amounts to a dial-up connection

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I went back to Firefox last night. Seems faster and the adblocker is working well so very happy again.

I tried Edge last night. It rums quickly on my fresh windows ten build, faster than Firefox but I don't like the way it looks plus it's short on features and Firefox syncs across all my devices.

Top Bottom