MSc Survey on Cycle Superhighways- please help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

I'm slightly new to all this and would really appreciate the help of experienced cyclists like yourselves!

As part of my dissertation for my MSc in Spatial Planning I’m gathering views on cyclist’s perceptions of measures to encourage cycling in London. The purpose of the survey is to look at the development of Cycle Superhighways in London; a scheme developed by the Mayor of London and TfL and is currently being trialled in the Merton to Central London area.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/306475/Cycle-Superhighways-what-do-you-think

I'm sure you must have all heard of it/used it? and subsequently have lots of opinions! So let me know them by taking part in this survey! I promise it doesn't take more than 7 minutes and I would be really grateful!

If you have any questions get in touch!
Many thanks,
Shaneen Khambata

OP
OP
S

Shaneen Khambata

School boy mistake- thanks I'll change it straight away!

Thanks for getting in touch though!

Rewind

Sorry, I have never cycled in London but good luck with the survey anyway. Hopefully it will help you to make a difference in the future.

Rewind

"No-one is ever old enough to know better"

wafflycat

Sorry, don't live in London - thankfully. Cycle farcilities are generally worse than useless and often dangerous, wherever they are. As for cycling superhighways, they are available throughout the UK and are known as 'roads' These are where I do my cycling. I find that using an OS map is the best tool for guiding me around these cycling superhighways to get where I want to be.

You may find this site enlightening

http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/facility-of-the-month/

BigSteev

Apart from preferring a road map to an OS one, my views are about the same as wafflycats. Question 12 seems to be compulsory even if they won't make me change my mode of transport, and the question about whether I prefer Blue or Red of Green? There's no option for I prefer the road to be tarmac coloured.

OP
OP
S

Shaneen Khambata

Thanks for the feedback BigSteev! Your comment about the lanes being tarmac coloured is a fairly popular response from exepericed cyclists!!

(And trying to address Q12!)

If you have any other views that would be great.

I'm not in London either but good luck :-)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think you've made a fundamental mistake.

The blue tarmac lanes are not cycling lanes. And most tarmac from which cars are excluded aren't cycling lanes either.

Top Bottom