MTB Air Suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blert596

Hi all,

I've just got a second hand Klein MTB which has Rochshox Duke XC Air suspension on it. I'm struggling to get it pumped up to the correct settings.

I have a Topeak Joe Blow Sport II but unfortunately the connector end wont fit into the opening at the top of the shock to connect onto the Schrader. Does anyone know if there is there anything out there that will screw into the Topeak connector to make an airtight connection that I can then screw onto the shrader?

I've tried the connector from my Mini Pump, but that wont screw into the plastic housing of the topeak securely enough and air leaks out - also when trying to remove it a large amount of air comes out.

I can use the minipump but then I've no idea what I'm pumping the pressure to as there's no gauge on it.

Short of buying another pump does anyone know of a shrader ended tube that will screw into the housing of the top peak connector?

Thanks for any help

Billy

Cubist

Still wavin'
Air shocks are high pressure low volume. The majority of shock pumps actually screw onto the Schrader valve. Bacically a floor pump won't seal or give you an accurate enough pressure reading. I'm afraid you'll have to bite the bullet and buy a proper shock pump. Try eBay, or a wanted ad on singletrackworld.com

OP
OP
Blert596

Blert596

Thank you , looks like its buying a shock pump then. I'll take a run along to Evans at lunchtime and get one as I need it to be sorted for Xmas day.

Ta again

Top Bottom