MTB Navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Am currently using a memory map adventurer 2800.
While I find this good in the respect that I can plot my routes from os maps & upload them to the gadget /thing, I find that out in the great outdoors the user interface & operation of the unit leaves alot to be desired.
Can anyone recommend a good unit, where I can still use OS maps, see the screen in sunlight, has an intuitive interface, and maybe even turn by turn (if such a thing exists on these units)
Thankyouveryglad

Cubist

Still wavin'
I use an old Garmin 705 edge. It does what you are asking of it. The useless basemap has been replaced by opensourcemapping, but I plot a course by opening an OS map online, and a GPS based mapping site. I trace the bridleways on the OS, then replicate the course on the GPS mapping source. You can open the GPS map in Satellite view and check the terrain as you go. Then save the course and download it as a training course or route to the GPS unit. I also print off the OS map I have created to keep in my pocket as a backup.

If you're flush you can get a unit that has OS mapping as a basemap. The 800 series Garmins for example.

Top Bottom