MTB Rim advice - ALEXRIMS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mch101

Hi,

Well firstly I should have missed the tree when jumping but honestly, the tree jumped out in front of me and hit me....

So now you know the story, I need advice on changing my rims due to the front one not being used anymore.
The current rims on my bike are ALEXRIMS - ALEXRIMS DISC ZX24 6061H-T6 DOUBLE WALL 622 x 19.

Can you let me know what alternative rims I can use?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hi,

Well firstly I should have missed the tree when jumping but honestly, the tree jumped out in front of me and hit me....

So now you know the story, I need advice on changing my rims due to the front one not being used anymore.
The current rims on my bike are ALEXRIMS - ALEXRIMS DISC ZX24 6061H-T6 DOUBLE WALL 622 x 19.

Can you let me know what alternative rims I can use?
Any 622 x 19 rim with the same number of spoke holes

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mavic XM317

PS don't go jumping at this point. Might be you getting bent round a tree, and the emergency services are rather busy at present. :bicycle:

D

Deleted member 26715

Bike has been squirming a bit on road corners especially in the wet, out today & it seemed really strange, looked down at the back wheel & I can see it's not straight, when I got back home I put the DTI on it & it has at least 3mm of runout on it. It's not one large buckle in one place, but it runs out from the valve to the other side.

Is it repairable, anyone recommend anybody to do it in Sheffield/Rotherham/Doncaster area, or just get another wheel?

It's a alexrims disc zx24 6061h-t6 29" MTB

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bike has been squirming a bit on road corners especially in the wet, out today & it seemed really strange, looked down at the back wheel & I can see it's not straight, when I got back home I put the DTI on it & it has at least 3mm of runout on it. It's not one large buckle in one place, but it runs out from the valve to the other side.

Is it repairable, anyone recommend anybody to do it in Sheffield/Rotherham/Doncaster area, or just get another wheel?

It's a alexrims disc zx24 6061h-t6 29" MTB

3mm is nothing, so should be an easy true up.

Top Bottom