1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTB skills course

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by surfgurl, 5 Oct 2007.

1. surfgurl

surfgurl New Member

Hi,

I'd really like to do a course covering MTB skills for beginners.
    I commute 5 miles to work a few times a week so I have a reasonable level of fitness.
    Can anyone recommend a course? I'm in Somerset, but would be prepared to travel for a weekend course.

Many thanks

2. barq

barq Senior Member

I think the CTC do weekend MTB courses in Surrey. Have a look here.

3. alicat

alicat Guru

I had really good fun and learnt a lot on a CTC weeekend MTB course. They also do courses in the New Forest.

4. alicat

alicat Guru

I had really good fun and learnt a lot on a CTC weeekend MTB course. They also do courses in the New Forest.

5. thejonesy

thejonesy New Member

6. thejonesy

thejonesy New Member

7. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

I'd say come out with us one day, but we are all inept, slow, poorly balanced and extremely crash prone. In fact, you can come out with us if you are an A&E doctor/nurse, otherwise I really wouldn't bother:blush:

Have you tried the YHA? They do this sort of thing, with accomodation and 10 instant mates thrown in.

8. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

I'd say come out with us one day, but we are all inept, slow, poorly balanced and extremely crash prone. In fact, you can come out with us if you are an A&E doctor/nurse, otherwise I really wouldn't bother:blush:

Have you tried the YHA? They do this sort of thing, with accomodation and 10 instant mates thrown in.

9. surfgurl

surfgurl New Member

Thanks for the tips. I am looking to do something in the new year.
    Maggot, unfortunately I'm not a Doc or a nurse. I have a first aid kit and a mobile phone though! I too am inept, poorly balanced and slow. I might be able to fit in...

10. Christopher

Christopher Über Member