1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTB Trails Rendlesham Suffolk

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by starseven, 11 Jul 2007.

1. starseven

starseven Guest

Formation of a group intrested in the improvemt of MTB routes and facilites at Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk.

There is a meeting of intrested parties(Forestry Commision, MTBers,Cycleshop proprietors etc) in the pub at Butley. Time agreed as 19.30 tonight Wednesday 11/07/2007.

I cant remember the name of the Pub but there is only one. Anyone intrested is welcome to attend.

Regards

2. Lefire

Lefire New Member

I haven't been to Rendlesham (even thought I live in Colchester) but have been to Thetford.
    Is Rendlesham very big ? didn't look it on the map, so that's why I went up to Thetford.

What have they done / plan to do to the place ?

I may well pop over in a couple of weekends time.

3. starseven

starseven Guest

Rendlesham is not as big as Thetford and the facilities amount to a car park and a couple of marked trails. These are presently just trails not proper runs really.Its not so big but still bg enough that I have had to resort to a gps for directions once or twice:blush:

It is however an intresting place surrounding a disused airbase complete with large plane bunkers. Its also the site of a famous(ish) alien sighting.:biggrin:

I actually missed that meeting due to work commitments, a formal group has now been established to progress Rendlesham as XC MTB site. Cant see it happenning too quickly though as money is the next hurdle!!