MTB trials near Bury, Lancashire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
What sort of trails? If you want trailcentre and a skills area you're pretty close to Gisburn, probably the same travelling time to Llandegla, both worth the drive for a day out . Smaller, fun little trails on your doorstep at Philips Park (Prestwych). and Clayton Vale, or of course you're within striking distance of loads of bridleways, north into the Dales, South into the Peaks, or East into the South Pennines.

Google can be a good source of information, and either a subscription to the Ordnance Survey map services, or a paper copy and a sense of adventure.

Folk upload their routes to Strava, Mapmyride, bike-hike, mapometer and other mapping sites, so have a search on some of them..

As the title says. Does any one know of any MTB trials near Bury

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Rivington I beleive has some trails, although my knowledge of the area is limited to road biking so can't give you any specific routes. As Cubist says though have a look on Strava.

OP
OP
N47HG89

N47HG89

Any kind of trails will do. I'm new to the area, and completely new to mountain biking around here. Thanks for the advice, my googling may be a little better now :-)

trio25

Über Member
Phillips Park in Prestwich for purpose built stuff, great fun.
Heading North onto Rooley Moor Road and there is loads.

I'd recommend going into Cookson Cycles on Bury New Road, Whitefield. The lads are keen riders and can definitely point you in the right direction.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes I meant trails, sorry
We all thought you did, but just checking!
Knew I'd seen something handy for that area. Here you are, fill yer boots:

http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/
Some good ones there, but did not spot the obvious one - the Mary Towneley Loop.

Top Bottom