mtb weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
Me and 5 mates are biking round Edale, in the peak district, this weekend. We will be tackling mam tor, Jacobs ladder and, he says with gritted teeth, the Edale beast (I came off twice on the beast last time OUCH ). Afterwards we will be sampling some fine ales and talking about the days events, but isn't it typical that for 2 weeks the weather has been glorious but this weekend is forecast rain, rain and more rain.

Motozulu

Über Member
I feel your pain. 2 weeks ago we did a Peaks run and it was glorious weather - the Beast, Suicide brake and telegraph descent were brilliant.

This weekend we are doing Penmachno tomorrow (pissing it down) and on Sunday we do Snowdon.

Snowdon summit forecast is 'real feel' -10 and snow flurries for Sunday morning.

Oh well...

Motozulu

Über Member
Glad you enjoyed yours! - as it turned out the weather was very cold but visibility was fantastic at Snowdon summit. The climb was pure hell, the descent was pure joy. Hardest and best thing I ever did.
205z3at.jpg

b7yo44.jpg

s1syzl.jpg

10f9rwx.jpg

9gzdq1.jpg

OP
OP
sir adrian dangerous

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
Glad you enjoyed yours! - as it turned out the weather was very cold but visibility was fantastic at Snowdon summit. The climb was pure hell, the descent was pure joy. Hardest and best thing I ever did.
205z3at.jpg

b7yo44.jpg

s1syzl.jpg

10f9rwx.jpg

9gzdq1.jpg
That picture of the helicopter is brilliant, although it looks like it's crashing.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Out of interest - how unpleasant would Snowdon be with a rigid MTB?

Done it myself with a 90's machine. Was fine, but we all wiped out trying to turn under the rail bridge due to the loose shale. We went up via the rangers path (with a fair amount of over the shoulder rock climbing) then down the main path. We had a freak day in a February - totally clear and mild.

Motozulu

Über Member
Hard to imagine doing Snowdon on a HT let alone a rigid - the Rangers path down battered me even on a good full suss.

I think the Mountain rescue helicopter had kids on from the local community - he hovered over us for ages, everyone on board waving and then suddenly dove off down the mountain, my mate caught the moment perfectly as he began his dive - spectacular stuff.

Motozulu

Über Member
Aaah, we went up Llanberis and down Rangers (opposite way to you) I'm glad we did it that way as the Rangers is a fantastic descent and less busy. I also agree that the loose shale running along the railway scared the poo out of me too - was going way too quick and wasn't anywhere near in control!

Absolute respect for doing it on a rigid - I toyed with the idea of taking the Zero thinking it would have been so much easier to carry - but I'd have regretted it on the down.

Top Bottom