MTB with Air Forks in £600 range?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Hello all, my lad is looking for a new hardtail MTB with ideally air front forks.

He has £600 to spend but maybe more for the right bike.

Was mulling over second hand again but to be honest they don't seem much cheaper than brand new at the moment!.

There's a few nice looking Trek bikes (are Trek a decent brand still?).

Size will be small or medium, we need to go and see it in the flesh to make sure it's the right fit.

Any recommendations?.

Cheers all.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
The Boardman MHT 8.6 Mountain Bike looks a good bit of kit, Suntour Air forks on the 2021 model.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Last edited:
OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Well...

Ordered the bike from Wiggle last week, seemed to have had an unusual lack of updates about it so just been on live chat (bearing in mind it's due for delivery within the week).

They haven't bloomin got one!, didn't feel the need to tell us so I presume they were just waiting on delivery date to bounce and for us to ring them up?.

Really poor service and my lad is going to be gutted tonight when I tell him.

Managed to get his money back luckily (good old Paypal).

They've offered a bit of discount on a 2022 modle but don't know if I can trust them to supply that either..

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They've offered a bit of discount on a 2022 modle but don't know if I can trust them to supply that either..
Going to be a similar story on popular bikes wherever you go unfortunately.

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers, he's got his heart set on the Vitus so I'll see what he wants to do when he gets in.

It's the fact they didn't let us know that's the poor part, could have been another week down the line before we found out.
Wiggle don't have the rep that they used to for Customer Service unfortunately :sad:

Top Bottom