MTBing round Monmouth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all. I don't usually post in this bit of the forum, but I've recently been reunited with my old rigid Kona Lavadome (currently in many pieces). Off roading isn't really my thing, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any good trails round Monmouth? I'm more interested in going from A to B rather than hammering round a purpose built track, and of course this presupposes that I actually ever get around to building the bike back up again.:biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I haven't a clue as I don't have an MTB and don't know where you ride them, neither would I attempt it.

This post is in response to Admin's "Dare To Be Different" request. I shall now return to the skinny tyre forums.

LLB

Plenty of trails and cycle paths around the Forest of Dean if you start out at the cycling centre at Cannop. They go for miles and miles through the forest itself (away from the roads)

U

User482

It's not far to Cwmcarn from there, which is a purpose built MTB trail.

mondobongo

Über Member
Cwmcarn is a great trail and has the Freeride Area to play in at the top before you start what must be on of the best downhills in the country. Me and a mate did a descent of it a couple of years ago after dark and it was bloody awesome.

U

User482

mondobongo said:
Cwmcarn is a great trail and has the Freeride Area to play in at the top before you start what must be on of the best downhills in the country. Me and a mate did a descent of it a couple of years ago after dark and it was bloody awesome.

Unfortunately, all the downhillers on their big rigs have made a bit of a mess of that great descent - it's full of stutter bumps now.

Where's Afan, Bonj?

U

User482

bonj said:
WELL, he could do BOTH THEN couldn't he ;)

Indeed. I would advise just that if the thread wasn't called "MTBing round Monmouth"

Top Bottom