MTN bike Clubs or riders North Manchester?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rooley moor road! I wouldn't venture up there if I were you,it's very hard going,
Think fist sized rocks for mile after mile,it'll shake the fillings out of your teeth :laugh:

I've done it on a single speed mountain bike with no suspension,
it's slow going but rideable.
last time i was there a some poor lass was having to walk miles back
to her stables after her horse lost a shoe, even the horse was struggling
walking on the rough surface.
There's a few tales on this blog,and some decent routes round here on the older parts of his archive,
http://www.industrialfellbiking.co.uk/category/rooley-moor/

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

the lane above Diggle (Harrop edge) will give you a taste of what to expect
up on Rooley moor rd,the surface is just the same up there.You'll enjoy that
descent from Standedge to Diggle but watch the gate at the bottom ^_^
Cheers for the early warning Paul. haha. Not been on the bike for over a month! Need to get out on these trails as soon as i can be arsed! lol.

I'm going back to singlespeed mountain biking,after witnessing a
hit and run in the centre of Heywood in which some poor pedestrian
got his leg broken by some cretin in a transit van,I'll take my chances
with the sheep and the rabbits from now on,there's too many cretins on the road for my liking

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm going back to singlespeed mountain biking,after witnessing a
hit and run in the centre of Heywood in which some poor pedestrian
got his leg broken by some cretin in a transit van,I'll take my chances
with the sheep and the rabbits from now on,there's too many cretins on the road for my liking
Sorry to hear that Paul, but that's the kind of thing I was going on about to you and bromptonfb on those forum rides when I was saying that I didn't like cycling on busy roads. (Yes, I know that you get the odd cretin on quiet roads too, but statistically it must be less likely to encounter them!)

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

Oh christ! Bet that wasn't nice! Where abouts in Heywood? i never heard anything about that! I must admit i'm hearing quite a few horror stories regarding road incidents!
That lone cycling has its dangers!

Was travelling from Heywood towards Bury,when a transit shot out of a side road on my left,
I slammed on my brakes and avoided a collision,he then carried on towards Bury then took
the next right (by Lidl I think) A pedestrian was crossing the road and he was struck by the transit
sent flying in fact,He seemed ok at the time just cuts and bruises however the Police phoned me yesterday
and he's got a broken leg.He's lucky to be alive such was the force he was struck with.The A12$3oles in the van
just reversed back on to the main road and took off towards the M66 at Pilsworth (A member of the public also
reported them for driving like maniacs near the distribution park)
I've had about 4 close calls in the last month and that was the last straw.

Top Bottom