Muck Cleaner / Degreaser ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'd also advise against using anything too harsh on paintwork (certainly wouldn't use washing up liquid) and to give it a good wax periodically as this makes the crap easier to get off in future.

What's wrong with washing up liquid? Pretty please with sugar on top don't say there's salt in it.

Reactions: C R

Adam4868

Guru
This stuff around a quid from the likes of B and M,Home Bargains.Ive used it for steam cleaning a engine last week.Oil leak...seemed to work well enough,even cleaned the oil of my hands...probally the skin aswell.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
What's wrong with washing up liquid? Pretty please with sugar on top don't say there's salt in it.
IME it tends to be a lot more aggressive than it needs to be for general paintwork since it's really a degreaser / emulsifier which shouldn't be necessary for just removing water-based contamination such as your typical mud.

Generally when washing the car or bike I prefer to use plain water if I can; kinder to the paint and doesn't strip off any remaining wax that might be present.

mustang1

Guru
On your bike, just use car shampoo, or even washing up liquid. If you want something really good for cleaning drive chains etc (take it off the bike before cleaning), you can get Screw Fix 5L of 'No nonsense Degreaser' for less than £10. Lasts ages and is great for general cleaning as well. Great on cleaning UPVC windows, kitchen surfaces, bike gears, car wheels, house paintwork...

It's great stuff.
I recently read somewhere you shouldn't use washing up liquid because there is a high salt content in it to thicken the liquid up.

I still use it sometimes on my cheaper bike though.

On your bike, just use car shampoo, or even washing up liquid. If you want something really good for cleaning drive chains etc (take it off the bike before cleaning), you can get Screw Fix 5L of 'No nonsense Degreaser' for less than £10. Lasts ages and is great for general cleaning as well. Great on cleaning UPVC windows, kitchen surfaces, bike gears, car wheels, house paintwork...

It's great stuff.
+1
in fact I ordered some on click and collect just a few hours ago.

I’ve been using diluted gunk engine degreaser and or white spirits for chain and cassette but neither seems to get all the dried in lube etc off even in my sonic cleaner

Lookrider

👍 probably more like a capful to a litre bottle then 🤔
will test on a few surfaces first

I just bought 5L and it says dilute one capful to one litre ...that's a massive dilute
If I'd known that in shop I would only got one litre
I will end up giving some away and still last long time

OP
OP
NorthernSky
I just bought 5L and it says dilute one capful to one litre ...that's a massive dilute
If I'd known that in shop I would only got one litre
I will end up giving some away and still last long time
yeah, i have the 5L bottle and have used maybe a litre i'd say, and that's over 3 years use i'm seeing since the first post

Top Bottom