Muck Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Dunno, but it damaged my paintwork even though the label says it's safe on ALL surfaces so be careful!

I now use shampoo and warm water - Pantene 2in1 leaves my bike feeling silky smooth.

kyuss

Veteran
Jim_Noir said:
Bought a muck off kit... is the bike spray just WD40?

Pretty much. Smells nicer though. I wasn't keen on the Muc Off itself, but the Bike Spray is great. Brilliant at cleaning white bar tape.

mattsccm

Horribly expensive. Look around and you'll get a 20 litre canister of the commercial version for about a tenner. 50/50 with water and it's still as good as any of the other chemicals, all of which are basically a salt containing detergent which takes the grease out of everything.

Garz

Squat Member
mattsccm said:
Horribly expensive. Look around and you'll get a 20 litre canister of the commercial version for about a tenner.

Please link or pm me matt!

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

I think so, the brushes seem good quilty and the cleaner is decent enough.

Garz

Squat Member
There seems to be various kit for cleaning with lots of varied oppinions of what to do. Those confident enough are happy to strip there system and dunk in solutions etc whilst some are happy hosing/brushing.

I bought the park tools kit with chain cleaner only due to there being spares for it. It is rather expensive though (like most cycling gear).

Cubist

Still wavin'
Even cheaper, and dilutable by about 5 to one is Gunk Green degreaser. Use that to refill an old pump spray bottle and it shifts the oily grime around the bike very nicely.

The bike spray that comes in the kit does make the bike look luvverly though, and no it isn't WD40, it's teflon based PTFE.

Top Bottom