Schwinn Fastback Carbon 50% off. Good beginner bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Depends what you want. It's quite race oriented and so might not be an ideal choice if you're a beginner and being a beginner it would be better if you can try it out first, obviously not an option here.
I can see what you're trying to do but a bargain might not work out to be the best buy for you.
The other thing is is it your size? How tall are you? 51cm is quite small. Something else to consider is you're not going to have any help to hand setting it up if it needs adjusting.
If you have a bike shop local to you best to go there and try out a few to see what suits. A good bike shop should be able to advise the best size and type of bike for the journeys you will be doing and will be on hand if anything goes wrong.

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
I don't think it's racey stack is high and reach is short very endurance tbh.

Probably a generic frame tbh.

Is it gvm we are not in USA so hard to say??

Gillstay

Über Member
At the moment most bikes are not used so there is a mass of good S/H bikes out there going cheap. Just have a look around it may take you a bit of time but you will learn a lot by doing it. Then you will know what suits you. Also if you make a mistake with a cheap bike you can sell it and try again. Where a new bike will hurt to sell at a large loss.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yeah, the frame size is key here. It's well specced for the money, but if it's too small/large there's no point. 51cm is not what I'd describe as medium.

Also I'd be wary about a bike that had been returned to Amazon, as it could have been bashed around a fair bit in transit.

As above, best advice would be to actually check out some bikes in shops if possible.

Top Bottom