1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mud Guards...

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by squiddley, 11 Nov 2012.

1. squiddley

squiddley Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right place to put this post.

I have a FELT 75 QX,can anybody recommend any decent mudguards,bought some from a local bike shop,but are no good.
    Any recommendations appreciated ^_^.

2. MickeyBlueEyes

MickeyBlueEyes Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.

I fitted some Crud RoadRacer Mk2's yesterday. Had the first trip out on them this morning, and early reports back are that they fit the bill perfectly. No rattles, no movement, easy to install and have a nice beefed up section to protect the chainset. Happy days !

3. Rockymountain

Rockymountain A Scotsman abroad

Have you thought of these? I've got them on my road bike. Easy to fit and do the trick.

4. samid

samid Über Member

Do they really protect your feet and the bottom bracket/chainrings area from the spray? I looked at some photos of that gizmo and it doesn't look like offering much protection from the front wheel, I could be wrong of course.

5. Rockymountain

Rockymountain A Scotsman abroad

Yes, they do give quite good protection. In that picture they are upside down...my pack came with a mud-flap, that you can fix, which isn't shown. Good luck!!

6. squiddley

I'll give them a try.
    Thanks....

7. cloggsy

cloggsy Boardmanist

I've got SKS Bluemels 'Race' on my CX bike - great bit of kit IMHO!

8. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

9. squiddley

Bit of a mine field trying to find what you think is going to be ok,anyway in the end i have also bought some crudcatchers.

10. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

Just be careful fitting them, I'm not sure how but the ones @mattobrien kindly gave me snapped when I gave the wheel a spin to test clearance.