Muddy Fox Courier Comp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AyJay

Über Member
Managed to get hold of a Muddy Fox Courier Comp from 1989. It brings back memories of my former life when we used to go MTB racing. It will be a nostalgic trip bringing it back to its former glory.

WP_20160602_20_14_12_Pro.jpg

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Looks in very good nick for the age. Are the components more or less original? I can see the thumbies. That wishbone stays design was an absolute classic.

I have a 1988 Saracen Kili Flier and a 1990 Comp as well as a early 90s Bontager Titanium.

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
I have done quite a bit of work on this project now. Everything has been cleaned and checked. Another saddle has been fitted and also retro style tyres.
Took it out today for a ride. All feels good.

WP_20160614_15_20_52_Pro.jpg
WP_20160614_15_20_52_Pro.jpg
WP_20160615_15_32_11_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20160615_15_31_22_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160615_15_31_22_Pro.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 406
  • WP_20160615_15_34_48_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160615_15_34_48_Pro.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 203

ChrisEyles

Guru
Very nice! Looks even better with the new gumwall tyres.

Those forks look incredibly slender towards the drop-outs - can you see them flex on the rough stuff? ;)

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
[QUOTE="ChrisEyles,

Those forks look incredibly slender towards the drop-outs - can you see them flex on the rough stuff? ;)[/QUOTE]
HaHa, you can indeed. You need a certain amount of faith to ride happily after riding more modern kit!!!

Origamist

Legendary Member
Nice.

I remember when that version came out. I liked the 'cracked' paint job. I had the 88 model courier and my brother had a special/late 88 model courier in red. A mate down the road had an 88 roadrunner and we'd go out together - the Muddy Fox gang.

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
Nice.

I remember when that version came out. I liked the 'cracked' paint job. I had the 88 model courier and my brother had a special/late 88 model courier in red. A mate down the road had an 88 roadrunner and we'd go out together - the Muddy Fox gang.

Oh what memories. Such a shame that the Muddy Fox brand name is not associated with quality these days as it was then. :sad:

Deichkind

Hi, nice to see other Pictures from the Courier Comp. I bought my one from my first wage in 1989. This year it was time for a complete refurbishment. Yesterday I have had the first ride after it :-). Some smaller adjustments and it is ready for the next 25 years.

Muddy Fox Courier Comp.jpg

Top Bottom