Mudguard eyelet bolt size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My front mudguard has lost a fixing bolt from the fork eyelet, I've always assumed that those bolts are a standard size... if so, what size are they? I'm having trouble tracking down a single bolt as opposed to an entire fitting kit.

I've googled mudguard bolts and had a look on amazon, but of the main kit I can find, bizarrely half the customers are happy while the other half complain of them being the wrong size.

Is it also worth asking the LBS, or are these easily found?

Ta.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Usually M5. Pauls Bikes or Cyclodelia should have some, or any hardware shop.

gbb

Legendary Member
While the quality of the bolts may not be so good, if you want a quick solution try Wilcos. ..they usually do a pick n mix for about £1 a bag. washers nuts bolts.they're only plated steel but may get you going if it's a hack bike or you're not bothered about stainless which really speaking is the right material to get.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Your local hardware shop probably has a display of nuts, bolts and screws.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Pretty sure Wilko will have M5 bolts.

OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

giphy (20).gif

pawl

Legendary Member
My front mudguard has lost a fixing bolt from the fork eyelet, I've always assumed that those bolts are a standard size... if so, what size are they? I'm having trouble tracking down a single bolt as opposed to an entire fitting kit.

I've googled mudguard bolts and had a look on amazon, but of the main kit I can find, bizarrely half the customers are happy while the other half complain of them being the wrong size.

Is it also worth asking the LBS, or are these easily found?

Ta.

Mine are the same as the bottle cage bolts

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
If it's an old frame it might be 2BA. I have come across unthreaded eyelets on cheap frames.

OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

Yes it is a reasonably modern frame, 7 year old Trek. Anyway, it's all fixed up after a visit to the LBS workshop turned up two suitable Allen bolts, and after a bit of adjustment at home it's all perfect again, and not rubbing or flapping any longer. They charged me a quid for the bolts, which I think is fair.

Thanks everyone.

Top Bottom