Mudguard eyelet bolt size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
While the quality of the bolts may not be so good, if you want a quick solution try Wilcos. ..they usually do a pick n mix for about £1 a bag. washers nuts bolts.they're only plated steel but may get you going if it's a hack bike or you're not bothered about stainless which really speaking is the right material to get.
nooo..stainless rusts just when you stop looking after it. Go for Ti instead.....

gbb

Legendary Member
:okay:Proper stainless won't rust...what you might get is rust transfer or steel transfer that will rust. One of the cardinal sins in fabrication for instance is to use abrasives on stainless that have been used on steel....particles are transferred onto the stainless and it's this you see rusting, not the stainless.

wilkyboy

If it's an old frame it might be 2BA. I have come across unthreaded eyelets on cheap frames.

Many thanks, Ian — that's the info I needed for my new/old 1985 Claud Butler winter hack fixie rebuild. Off to Bicycle Ambulance (Cambridge) to search through their box o’bits in the morning.

ps. My new/old Peugeot 531 fixed-wheel conversion (1977) has unthreaded eyelets, but it definitely wasn't a cheap frame when new!

Last edited:
Top Bottom