Mudguard suggestions wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My new (Giant) MTB has much bigger tubing than I am used to.
I want some mudguards..........front & rear.
The bike doesnt appear to have eye-holes so I assume I will need the clip-on type.
I "think" I want them easily removeable but..............is that important??
I have googled it and it appears I can pay anything from £15.00-£35.00 but I cant see a lot of difference in some of them.
What do you use?
What would you suggest?

Fubar

Guru
For my wife's bike we got a set of these:

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/accessories/mudguards/sks-beavertail-xl-mudguard-set

seem to do the trick - it doesn't get heavy use though.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Topeak Defenders here. Front mount fits into the hollow of the steerer tube, guards then clip on. Piece of cake. Slightly more expensive outlay but they last - until some thieving scrote in Edinburgh tries to steal them and breaks the front mount, but that's another story :cursing:.

If you plan to transport the bike by small car, which I do, then easily removable is handy. I have to remove front wheel and turn bars at right angles to get the bike in. Weight would rest on the front guard if it wasn't removed.

13 rider

Guru
Like Mrs Fubar I ve got SKS beavertail on my hybrid no problems with them. does need to be bolted to frame under the forks and saddle to post .got mind fitted by shop saves a lot of flapping .

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Thanks for the very helpful responses.
To me the Topeak ones look the business and the link to Halfords showed a very good price.
Thanks to all.

Top Bottom