Mudguards for a Cyclocross Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tunster

Hi All!

I seriously need some advice on getting some mudguards (both front and back) for my new Cyclocross bike. It's a Norco CCX 3 2012. I've tried a couple already (bought from Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery) but utimately didn't fit and wasn't adviced with the correct ones.

From what I understand, the back isn't so difficult to sort out (an arm based on with a boltable fixing) but the front is a pain. I believe you have to get one that sits up on the frame just above the wheel and then screw it into place.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a set or individuals that look good with each other?

Thanks!

trio25

Über Member
I have sks guards on my cross bike, rear was easy all the fittings are there. But front is ziptied on as forks have no fittings, works fine.

DougieAB

Getting the messages
+2 on the SKS. Have them on my Revolution Cross, only complaint is that the front rattles over the worst bumps so have just ordered another set of stays to reduce vibration to the mudguard.

Mouse82

Regular
I just received a set of Road Racer mk2's fitting was fairly straight forward, there plastic so nice and light and come with a few different sized ends not sure how they hold up on the move as not had chance to take the bike out for a spin yet.

a.jpg

(THIS IS NOT A PIC OF MY BIKE BUT A RANDOM GOOGLE IMAGE)

Top Bottom