mudguards or raceblades for road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
as you all may know i am thinking of getting a new bike.

will i be able to install mudguards or raceblades to it.

the bike i am thinking of getting is either the verenti millook or verenti rhigos 03.

if i can install some which would you recommend

ps hope everyone has merry christmas and great new year

Domestique

Über Member
Raceblades can be very effective and stop a lot of muck. But full length guards are the best way to go imo.

GrasB

Veteran
Crud Racer Mk2, in full length version ime they're better than a 'proper' mudguard like the SKS Chromoplastic for 700x25c & smaller tyres. With the short nose rear guard a race blade simply can't hold a candle to them.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
With the cruds its all about the clearance under the brakes, and the distance of the seatpost to the rear wheel.

I tried with my secteur with 25mm tyres and it would have been usable, but still with some rubbing even after I had been at them with some sandpaper to try to improve them. You need at least 4mm clearence as an absolute minimum, ideally 5mm or more. As soon as I put 23mm tyres on there were no rubbing issues. (Hence why I have the 25mm tyres for sale in the classifieds section)

If someone with a the verenti bike could measure those clearances, or ideally if they have fitted road racers then you will have your answer.

Top Bottom