Mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveR

Hello again,
what about mudguards for a racer with 700c wheels?....the tyres say this on them anyway......will there be enough clearance by the frame near the brakes (you can tell I know what i'm talking about)....the frame doesn't look like it has an attaching point near the wheel axil either...or what about those larger sort that go higher up I've noticed some bikes have these days.....I haven't been on a bike for over 10 years!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
You want SKS Race Blades.

Shhh. You haven't seen me OK?:laugh:

OP
OP
D

DaveR

hehe, yes, i suppose that would work too......(psst, I've always found it best just to agree with them!)

upandover

Guru
I bought the XL SKS race blades for my 700x23 wheels, and they work really well. I also added a crud-catcher (well half of one) on my downpost, which seems to shield that little gap. I was out in the rain for the best part of two and a quater miles last week (26 miles including over the lickey hills - I was pleased) and they shielded me really well.

Cheers

Steve

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
wafflycat said:
Mudguards? Pashaw! What you need is bonj's patent clean as you ride 4r$3 covering!

'You are going to get wet anyway so save mg's on bike weight and rattle with the Bonj patented 'A*se Bag'!'

'I wouldn't be seen anything less than dead in one.' Bert Scoggins - Milton Keynes.

:biggrin:;)

mondobongo

Über Member
I thought I saw a t.............

Race Blades

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Proper mudguards work much better than raceblades.

At the dropout end you can use P-clips, and at the fork crown, seatstay bridge and chainstay bridge you can use cable ties.
To use cable ties, put 2 pairs of fore-aft holes either side of the mudguard centreline, and loop a cable tie through each pair of holes and over the bridge or for crown shoulder.
You will need at least a centimetre of clearance between the tyre and the whatever is closest around the brakes.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Dont cycle when its wet, problem solved!

Race blades arent bad, but you will get the splash from front of the back tyre(near the seat tube) which runs down your leg and into your shoe:biggrin:
Which is what i'm just going to have happen now:biggrin::biggrin: Wet feet, yeeeeeeh:becool::rolleyes:

bonj2

don't know why they're in the triathlon section though...
i've got the mtb version and they do rule though

Top Bottom