mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fretted

Regular
I have a hybrid with hydraulic brakes (700x28 tyres). How do I choose which mudguards to buy and are they easy to fit?

vickster

Legendary Member
What model is it, they aren't all the same frame wise :smile:

Mudguards are evil things to fit often, I'd go to the LBS and get them to advise and if proper fixed guards, pay them to do it :smile: cost me £15 for my disk braked whyte hybrid, and the mechanic said it was indeed an evil task! Wheels etc need to come off for starters

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
As vickster says, they can be a real pain to fit.
We had a set put on by mechanics at the LBS when buying my wife's bike and they made a right mess of it. I ended up fixing it myself, but I am handy with a set of spanners (if I say so myself!:blush:)
If you're not too handy at DIY get the LBS to do it for you.

OP
OP
F

fretted

Regular
It's a canondale bad boy... I think I'll ask the lbs to fit one from their wares... Sounds like I might regret it if I struggle

vickster

Legendary Member
I have Bontrager mudguards on my Whyte, similar spec, cost me £15 fitted on a special, bargain

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Usually the stays on the front one have to be bent out of shape to avoid the disc brake and it depends where the attachments for them are on the fork. I got this strange lightning design when the bike shop did mine, kind of grew on me.

P1060013.jpg

Top Bottom