Mudguards....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
If you're going to cycle all year round, then they're just essential on a day-to-day bike. I always have one bike on the go with them fitted.

Can't go wrong with the SKS Chromoplastics. Any colour as long as it's black.

White looks good on the right coloured frame ;)

OP
OP
paulmac

paulmac

my bike is like a charcoal colour id say theres a picture in the photo gallery

Alan Whicker

Couldn't do without mudguards. My homebrew singlespeed doesn't have any which is why i've hardly used it this 'summer'.

Another vote for SKS Chromoplastics here. Black on my blue Hardrock and silver on my Black 7.3FX. Fit 'em, forget 'em. A bit pricier than some, but if you buy cheap, you'll buy twice.

Having said that - I've got some cheapies from Decathlon on my beater bike which do the job. Prone to rattling and falling off though.

SKS on mine - rear broke in half around the bridge mount - make sure you keep it tight, and keep checking it for the first few weeks, if there is any room for vibration it will rub through!

I still have the front half of the rear on the bike - stops my feet/legs getting wet - my back can suffer (beam rack in the winter helps with that when its needed).

I'll be fitting THESE to my winter build, and I have a pair of MK1 Crud Race Guards I use occasionally on the CAAD, (never liked the MK2 ones, couldn't get the rear right for love nor money when I had my Cayo)> I find the Cruds ok, but they are a faff imo for something that's marketed for it's quick fit/remove properties.

Top Bottom