Multi country tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robing

Über Member
I'm setting off for a European tour in a little under 2 weeks. I want to try and visit as many countries as possible in the time I have (4 weeks). I'm getting the bike bus to Macon, France. Then I am going to cycle through Switzerland to Liechtenstein, briefly dip my toe in to Austria. Then cycle back via Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium and Holland - and get the ferry from the Hook of Holland. I have visited these countries as a tourist, but have not cycled in them at all (apart from France) - however I am an experienced cycle tourist. So I am looking for any advice on routes, accommodation/camping etc in these countries. I quite fancy the Ardennes, but that would mean a bit of a deviation to the south as I am heading to the Hook. But if I go more direct then it would take me via Limburg which I believe is also pretty nice.

Last edited:

Dave_D

I'm setting off for a European tour in a little under 2 weeks. I want to try and visit as many countries as possible in the time I have (4 weeks). I'm getting the bike bus to Macon, France. Then I am going to cycle through Switzerland to Liechtenstein, briefly dip my toe in to Austria. Then cycle back via Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium and Holland - and get the ferry from the Hook of Holland. I have visited these countries as a tourist, but have not cycled in them at all (apart from France) - however I am an experienced cycle tourist. So I am looking for any advice on routes, accommodation/camping etc in these countries. I quite fancy the Ardennes, but that would mean a bit of a deviation to the south as I am heading to the Hook. But if I go more direct then it would take me via Limburg which I believe is also pretty nice.

HI, I am kinda new to the bike touring but am planning on doing something similar, about a 20,000 mile tour starting in about 2 years. California --> Morocco --> Europe --> Middle East --> India --> Asia --> Philippines. Any advise as to how I should go about getting prepared for it?

HI, I am kinda new to the bike touring but am planning on doing something similar, about a 20,000 mile tour starting in about 2 years. California --> Morocco --> Europe --> Middle East --> India --> Asia --> Philippines. Any advise as to how I should go about getting prepared for it?

Get a big world map, put it on a wall and start to mark off all the places you want to go to.
Draw a line between all those places.
Follow the line.
Simple! ^_^

Oh, you'll need a bike.
Now, that's the tricky part!

Seriously, CrazyGuyOnABike.com.
Read about the people who did this.

And start to cycle everywhere.
Learn to fix your bike yourself.
And go on lots of mini tours so you test yourself, your bike and learn what's the best gear to bring.

And if you can, become a citizen of another country. An American passport won't get you too far in large parts of the Middle East.

Dave_D

Get a big world map, put it on a wall and start to mark off all the places you want to go to.
Draw a line between all those places.
Follow the line.
Simple! ^_^

Oh, you'll need a bike.
Now, that's the tricky part!

Seriously, CrazyGuyOnABike.com.
Read about the people who did this.

And start to cycle everywhere.
Learn to fix your bike yourself.
And go on lots of mini tours so you test yourself, your bike and learn what's the best gear to bring.

And if you can, become a citizen of another country. An American passport won't get you too far in large parts of the Middle East.

Thanks, got the bike, go the gear, already put in a couple of hundred miles a week commuting and 300+ mile weekend trips every month or so including riding up the Sierras to about 13,000 FT and also did a 1000 mile trip from Manila to Mindanao in the Philippines (Awesome ride) last year, this and extended long trip. Agreed that the middle east will be interesting but should be able to go through Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan through China then to Islamabad and on to New Delhi. Sounds like it might be a little tricky getting a transit Visa through Turkmenistan but still doable. If all else fails, can alway catch a ferry from Baku to Kazakhstan and cut around. Thanks for the CrazyGuyOnABike website. Should help alot.

Thanks, got the bike, go the gear, already put in a couple of hundred miles a week commuting and 300+ mile weekend trips every month or so including riding up the Sierras to about 13,000 FT and also did a 1000 mile trip from Manila to Mindanao in the Philippines (Awesome ride) last year, this and extended long trip. Agreed that the middle east will be interesting but should be able to go through Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan through China then to Islamabad and on to New Delhi. Sounds like it might be a little tricky getting a transit Visa through Turkmenistan but still doable. If all else fails, can alway catch a ferry from Baku to Kazakhstan and cut around. Thanks for the CrazyGuyOnABike website. Should help alot.
Well then, it's just the map you need, some pins and a marker! ^_^
Good luck!

Top Bottom