Multiple brake levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy84

Veteran
I bought a specialized tricross sport (2010) a couple of months ago. It came with the type of additional levers you mention. However Evans didn't fit them.

After speaking to a few people about them, i'm not planning on using them myself. I've actually only just brought them home from my work locker today, was going to throw them away.

Not too sure how much it would cost you to fit them, but if you want them, pm me and i'll happily send them to you.

Andy

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Just for completeness, when I was thinking of adding a pair of cyclocross bar top levers similar to those recommended in earlier posts here on one of my bikes, I found that they are not really compatible with traditional non-aero, non-brifter levers (because of the way the brake cables have to bend so much in their run into the new levers). I am talking about applications for traditional brake levers that have the brake cables coming up and out on top of the hood, and these are the brake levers that traditionally have the so called "suicide levers".

However I found these "Suntour Palm Control Levers":

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=63&src=froogle

They are well made and not particularly heavy. You do need to watch out that they will only work if the handlebar is within a certain diameter range, and is of adequate width. Let me know if anybody needs the dimensions.

Dave5N

Über Member
I got them on the cheap crosser I bought from wiggle. Never used them in practice. Hands aren't there.

Invented by Dieter Runkel, a World Champion cyclocross rider. Top man, he was/is. He also introduced clipless pedals into cross.

Top Bottom