Multiple Cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
Has anyone thought of fitting multiple cameras to a bike?

In an ideal world, you want the images to be synchronised, so they can be combined into a split screen or picture-in-picture, so you can't just use two ATC2K's.

I noticed the Chasecams SS1000, but whilst that'll do the split screen or PIP for me, £300 odd quid before I've even bought a camera or recorder is pretty steep!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think magnatom was thinking of upgrading to an Archos, and keeping the ATC for rear facing footage...

How out of hand could this get...;)

As Arch says I am considering getting an Archos type system and placing the ATC at the back. Most of the time I won't be too worried about syncing the data.

If your cameras kept good time (and they should in this day and age!) you could always provide a sync stimulus at the start of each ride, i.e. a beep. I assume then that it may be possible to sync files using a video editor of some sort, although I don't think moviemaker would do it!

Of course if you want frame by frame sync then you would probably need something like the chasecam :rolleyes:

OP
OP
TimO

TimO

Guru
Actually, I just realised it's more complex than I thought. In essence you need to synchronise the two incoming video signals, since each camera will be working at it's own frame rate, you need something like a genlock. If that Chasecam SS1000 box does a half decent job, it's probably a bargain at that price, I can't think of an easy way to combine two non-synchronised video signals together without some complex circuitry. I would guess that the bullet cams won't allow you to connect genlock into them. It's all a lot more involved than I thought it would be.

Is there a TV Broadcast engineer in the house? :rolleyes:

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
If your cameras kept good time (and they should in this day and age!) you could always provide a sync stimulus at the start of each ride, i.e. a beep. I assume then that it may be possible to sync files using a video editor of some sort, although I don't think moviemaker would do it!

Why not just use a clapperboard?:rolleyes:

Maggot, that sounds amazing, if I was closer, I'd bring the trike - the only way I'll do a descent at any kind of speed!

AndyB

User76 said:
We are just firming up a time for a mass descent of the gorge, all with cameras:ohmy: So that could be up to 9 of us in a race down, anyone fancy joining us? There will obviously be bragging rights at stake for the winner, if any of us make it down alive:wacko:

That would be awesome!
I'm 120 miles away but it could be doable... :rolleyes:

Road Fiddler

Do these cams not have a date/time stamp feature?

With CCTV evidence all you need to do is declare the time difference between each cctv system in your statement for it to be used in court, although in my experience if you dont do this it is not normally a major problem.

Top Bottom