Multitasking?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HeyWayne

A thought struck me whilst reading through some of the posts on here.

There are obvious differences between road bikes and MTB - are there as many differences in riders?

Are there any riders who do a bit of both?

My neighbour, like me has recently gotten on the saddle and we're both unfit and keen to get fitter. Each of us goes out alone to ride and we were talking last night whilst at the allotment about going out together.

However, he has an out and out road bike, whereas mine is an MTB, which will have road/hybrid tyres on shortly.

I don't ever recall seeing a group of riders (other than at charitable events and such) where there is a mix of road and mountain bikes - and I guess this is for obvious reasons.

Should they mix?

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
You won't see a mix of bikes because they probably have both and bring the appropriate one to the ride i guess. That's what i do.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I used to do 2-3 road rides and 1-2 MTB rides a week but got out of the habit of MTB riding when my MTB was out of action for over a year. I started walking the bridleways that I used to cycle on but the extended range possible on the bike was good so I'd like to get back into it. It's good to get away from traffic for a few hours and we have lots of very good bridleways in this area.

Norm

HeyWayne said:
A thought struck me whilst reading through some of the posts on here.

There are obvious differences between road bikes and MTB - are there as many differences in riders?

Are there any riders who do a bit of both?

HeyWayne said:
So there are quite a few who ride for both sides?
I certainly have both - and a few more. :blush:

About 11 months ago, it was an entry-level MTB which got me back into riding but I found myself on the tarmac far too frequently so I got it a roadie stable mate. I love having the choice.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Yeah - I do both. Mostly road it must be said but I quite like an off road ride now and again.

You could ride with your mate. If he puts some chunkier tyres on and you put some slicks on the mtb then you can do both together. Bikes are mostly bikes.

Top Bottom