Mum wants a book light for Xmas... does anyone actually use one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
As the title states, my mother wants a book light for Xmas so she can read in bed.
I've had a look around the high street and online and most of them look rubbish.

Some have (relatively) big lamp heads, take a couple of AAA batteries and look too bulky.
The smaller ones look like they won't illuminate a whole page.
Waterstones sell a miniature angle-poise lamp that looks more gimmick than something practical.
Some have spring clips and others are a flat bookmark design.

Has anyone got a book light that they always use and couldn't be without?

I ready don't want to buy something that'll just sit unused in a drawer :smile:

Katherine

Guru
Yes, I'll find a link shortly...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
This is probably unhelpful, and maybe they do exist, but after a couple of abortive attempts I've given up on them and resigned myself to life with a kindle fire during the winter months. Might be an option, if she's not a total technophobe?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Bit of lateral thinking but I have one over our dartboard. It has a flexible arm and gives a good light.
Maybe worth a google??

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My wife has one. She used it for a while and it's been in a drawer now for years. I wouldn't buy one if I was in your position.

A comfy head torch, above, sounds like a very good suggestion.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
This is probably unhelpful, and maybe they do exist, but after a couple of abortive attempts I've given up on them and resigned myself to life with a kindle fire during the winter months. Might be an option, if she's not a total technophobe?
she's got one but prefers paper books.
Head torch
that's what i said the moment she asked for a book light... she wasn't at all keen.
Yes, I'll find a link shortly...

Looks like it's been discontinued 😕
Anyway it was quite small so it doesn't wobble about when you move or turn a page.
Can you post a photo? There's loads of different types on ebay so might find something similar.

Slioch

Guru
Another vote for a head torch here. Very versatile things they are too, not just limited to reading books.

Top Bottom