Munros list reduced to 282!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's only a 44 cm difference - couldn't you just walk up there and plonk a large boulder on the summit! :whistle:

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
You been to the top of said mountain?
I have, in May this year. The last time the list was revised had me losing one but gaining one so no biggie but when you think of all the toil and effort to get another one under your belt counts for nothing, it's annoying. Not that I am only a Munro bagger; I've done 22 Corbets and some of them were far more entertaining than some Munros. Better views, better shapes, better underfoot conditions.

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
I was asking the other poster who doesn't believe it to be tragic. Only one who likes to bag the munros will understand why it's a little tragic

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
nope? bit melodramatic IMHO, the murder of those tourist in France is a tragedy but a hill being a foot and a half shorter? big fat hairy deal.
Well you've a lot to be humble about so well said.

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
nope? bit melodramatic IMHO, the murder of those tourist in France is a tragedy but a hill being a foot and a half shorter? big fat hairy deal.

Depends on the individual's perception of the word tragic I guess. Yes the tourist massacre is tragic but to some others something you find trivial is tragic to them. I suppose that's why the world is such an interesting place

Canrider

Guru
The most 'tragic' paragraph in that report:
Walkhighlands will update all users’ Munro- and Corbett-bagging maps and totals automatically to reflect the new status. Beinn a’Chlaidheimh again becomes a Corbett, a status it had previously held until 1974 when it had been promoted to become a Munro.

Turn in your badge, Beinn a'Chlaidheimh!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If I was a Munro bagger I'd be jubilant if I'd never been up the ex-Munro as it would mean one less to do and indifferent if I had been up it as the number left to do would remain unchanged.

I don't see what there is to mourn.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Surely you have to do all the "deleted" ones as well in any case if you're a true compleatist. And anyone who isn't at least slightly geeky isn't doing them at all. I realised too late after buying a handy map showing the hills around Scotland - handy for planning trips i thought. Only when i got it home did I spot it was for ticking them off, so duly ticked off those i'd done that week - my first trip. 100 odd ticks later, well you know how it goes...

Top Bottom