Muscle Aches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

jimboalee

The advertising bumf says its years ahead of its time. It states the technology was from the Eastern Block decades ago.

Spock.jpg

Who's THAT ??

well done first of all for getting started. i find walking is good and also yoga. yoga will help stretch and strengthen your muscles and is suitable for all levels of fitness. it will also help with breathing for when you go further distances.

OP
OP
R

richtea78

I had a 3 day break in the end due to a party on friday and then a massive hangover yesterday. Dont know what it would of done to my diet though I doubt it was good sadly.

I went out today and did another short ride and found that by taking it steady it was much better, rather than burning off from the start I took it steady the whole ride and did 4 miles without too much trouble. I think I can feel my fitness improving as I dont get so out of breath now but the muscles are taking longer to build up because as soon as I get to a hill Im buggered!

Crankarm - that is pretty much my aim, to improve my general fitness. I dont really mind about the appearence side of things although being thinner would be nice, my main motivation is health and fitness. I dont want to get out of breath walking up hills anymore!

After todays ride I made myself walk around a bit rather than just collapsing in a heap and so far this seems to have helped, my muscles feel much better now. I dont think Im quite ready for the cold showers!

I did buy a book on stretching from amazon and it arrived yesterday, it has some very simple stretches that are designed for old people that I will try and do each morning.

Thanks to everyone for your help again

JNR

I had a 3 day break in the end due to a party on friday and then a massive hangover yesterday. Dont know what it would of done to my diet though I doubt it was good sadly.

I went out today and did another short ride and found that by taking it steady it was much better, rather than burning off from the start I took it steady the whole ride and did 4 miles without too much trouble. I think I can feel my fitness improving as I dont get so out of breath now but the muscles are taking longer to build up because as soon as I get to a hill Im buggered!

Crankarm - that is pretty much my aim, to improve my general fitness. I dont really mind about the appearence side of things although being thinner would be nice, my main motivation is health and fitness. I dont want to get out of breath walking up hills anymore!

After todays ride I made myself walk around a bit rather than just collapsing in a heap and so far this seems to have helped, my muscles feel much better now. I dont think Im quite ready for the cold showers!

I did buy a book on stretching from amazon and it arrived yesterday, it has some very simple stretches that are designed for old people that I will try and do each morning.

Thanks to everyone for your help again

I rode my bike during a massive hangover to blow the cobwebs off and hit a wall. It wasn't the wall, but I could barely turn the pedals and had to go down to the lowest gears to get home. I wasn't a pretty sight but I've learnt! I think you've done really well, and cycling is a superb way of getting fitter.

Steve H

Large Member
Nice one richtea - keep going.

If you are anything like me, parties are disastrous for weight loss! When I have plenty to drink, I generally get the munchies and trough too much. Then the next day when hungover and feeling lethargic, its all too easy to over eat again.

You can't worry about this too much though - I think it's important to let your hair down every now and again. Just got to make sure you don't have big parties lined up for every Friday night!

I bet if you kept it ultra steady and picked a flat(ish) route you could easily rack up 7 or 8 miles now.

Looking forward to hearing your progress

Steve

vorsprung

Veteran
One thought

I am not a beginner but having a few days off the bike at the moment to "taper" for an event. Last couple of weeks I've been riding hard to give myself an "overload" effect

I haven't ridden now since saturday. I am still waiting for all the aching in my knees to subside however.

It's pretty normal for me to feel some kind of ache in my leg muscles. I am hoping that one of the side effects that will show me that I am rested for my big event next weekend is that my legs don't ache

Anyway, riding as a beginner it may well be that you perceive the minor aching in your legs as a bigger problem than I do.

A little bit of aching is normal. When I've really overdone it I find it difficult to walk upstairs

Top Bottom