(Music) groups and artists you can't believe you listened to in your youth.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never liked the last two, Stil listen to the first three

Five decades back, in my teens, I listened to these and I now cannot comprehend what I liked about their music:

Lindisfarne
Yes
King Crimson
Blue Oyster Cult
Bachman Turner Overdrive

How about you?

what you don't like these classics anymore?
1694538798173.png

1694538876177.png

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The Simon Park Orchestra.

Crikey - I had forgotten them:

View: https://youtu.be/zvesdlGe-EI?si=9zDseLP60WdPMjQ_

gbb

Legendary Member
I rather find it the opposite way round, there are plenty bands I used to scoff at in the 70s...that I really enjoy listening to now.
Marc Bolan was one, rejected by me for his glam songs like Telegram Sam etc at the time butwhhen you actually listen to some of his work, his voice is beautiful, lyrics so unique
But to keep to the thread....no, I don't think there's anything I look back on and think...really ?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Five decades back, in my teens, I listened to these and I now cannot comprehend what I liked about their music:

Lindisfarne
Yes
King Crimson
Blue Oyster Cult
Bachman Turner Overdrive

How about you?

I do like a bit of Robert Fripp from time to time. I still quite enjoy a bit of Blue Oyster Cult too.

50 years ago I was 9.
I liked Lorenzo the Llama, as told by Johnny Morris. My parents listened to The Carpenters, I still like Karen’s voice. Still love George Harrison, Sweet, Elton John, Slade etc. I was playing Dobie Gray, on my ‘best of 1973’ CD earlier today in the car.
I am sure that there was plenty of stuff I hated, at the grand old age of 9 (Eye Level - Simon Park Orchestra) But I think much of it is still listenable without massively cringing.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I do like a bit of Robert Fripp from time to time. I still quite enjoy a bit of Blue Oyster Cult too.

50 years ago I was 9.
I liked Lorenzo the Llama, as told by Johnny Morris. My parents listened to The Carpenters, I still like Karen’s voice. Still love George Harrison, Sweet, Elton John, Slade etc. I was playing Dobie Gray, on my ‘best of 1973’ CD earlier today in the car.
I am sure that there was plenty of stuff I hated, at the grand old age of 9 (Eye Level - Simon Park Orchestra) But I think much of it is still listenable without massively cringing.

Imo, this is the very best Slade track ever:

View: https://youtu.be/uq27ADizwlA?si=53vlcYkjdrGUWAku

Top Bottom