Must be improving!!

Discussion in 'Sportives' started by jeltz, 11 Apr 2010.

1. jeltz

jeltz Über Member

A 30 mile ride today recovering from a cold in the week I assumed that was why I was finding the going a wee bit tough up the hills.

Wasn't I'd been in the large chain ring, when I assumed I was in the middle one (its a triple) only discovered that on the return leg at the top of a steep hill ;)

2. Ashaman42

Ashaman42 Über Member

It's nice when things like that happen isn't it?

Had something similar the other day when my speedo kept reading higher than I thought it should be for the effort.

I thought as I'd changed the battery that the wheel size was wrong but checking my route distance via gmap-pedometer it is reading correct, was obviously just on form that day.

3. I've done similar on the Crow Road, got to the top, went to change to the big ring only to find that I was in it.

4. Banjo

Banjo Fuelled with Jelly Babies

I have more often gone to change into the granny ring then realized I was allready in it :-)

It is amazing though how much better you ride somedays than others with no apparent reason for it.

5. Chrisc

Chrisc Über Member

Me too, many occasions I've battled up a hill and gone for my last bail out gear only to find I've already been using it...

Better days, well that's just form isn't it. Somedays you just feel good! I often think about that when watching bike racing and see one of the favourites spat out the back having a bad day, or when Cancellara rides away from everybody and makes 'em look silly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice