Must be improving!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeltz

Veteran
A 30 mile ride today recovering from a cold in the week I assumed that was why I was finding the going a wee bit tough up the hills.

Wasn't I'd been in the large chain ring, when I assumed I was in the middle one (its a triple) only discovered that on the return leg at the top of a steep hill ;)

Ashaman42

Über Member
It's nice when things like that happen isn't it?

Had something similar the other day when my speedo kept reading higher than I thought it should be for the effort.

I thought as I'd changed the battery that the wheel size was wrong but checking my route distance via gmap-pedometer it is reading correct, was obviously just on form that day.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
HLaB said:
I've done similar on the Crow Road, got to the top, went to change to the big ring only to find that I was in it.

I have more often gone to change into the granny ring then realized I was allready in it :-)

It is amazing though how much better you ride somedays than others with no apparent reason for it.

Chrisc

Guru
Banjo said:
I have more often gone to change into the granny ring then realized I was allready in it :-)

It is amazing though how much better you ride somedays than others with no apparent reason for it.

Me too, many occasions I've battled up a hill and gone for my last bail out gear only to find I've already been using it...

Better days, well that's just form isn't it. Somedays you just feel good! I often think about that when watching bike racing and see one of the favourites spat out the back having a bad day, or when Cancellara rides away from everybody and makes 'em look silly.

Top Bottom