must not argue with idiots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Or learn to make it a game- like I do some times on local newspaper articles, people are on there having a moan, I answer all their gripes with common sense and end it with 'you'll be saying I HAVE to wear a helmet next' or some such similar, and watch them all go again. :popcorn::laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Questioned the motive behind one persons "simple insertion of a walking stick in the front wheel to unseat the rider" by asking was he advocating interfering with a road vehicle with intent to cause harm or injury. Also asked how would he like it if I were to shove a scaffolding pole in his cars front wheel.
Letter the following week, from him, pointed out that he cycled as well, and that it was a tounge in cheek comment by him not intended to be taken as a serious remark.

Brandane

Legendary Member
You've just reminded me of one of the many good reasons why I don't do FB, or any other public forum type thing. With one obvious exception - but even in here I tend to stick to the less controversial boards.

If things were to change, it would be a simple choice to do what I did on the motorbike forum which I was on regularly until the idiots took over. I left, or "flounced" as some insist on calling it. I will always "flounce" away from complete nobbers; why spend time on them?

gavintc

Guru
You've just reminded me of one of the many good reasons why I don't do FB, or any other public forum type thing. With one obvious exception - but even in here I tend to stick to the less controversial boards.

If things were to change, it would be a simple choice to do what I did on the motorbike forum which I was on regularly until the idiots took over. I left, or "flounced" as some insist on calling it. I will always "flounce" away from complete nobbers; why spend time on them?
i concur. I also believe that some of the more vociferous posters on here have diminished my enjoyment of Cyclechat and I tend to read more than I post now, but I keep clear of the political threads.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Above 2 posts, appropriate use of the ignore options for the odd person and more controversial boards makes for an easier new posts list.
Tried the ignore function but it just makes for disjointed threads. I ended up using the "show ignored content" button more often than not, so now I just shake my head in disbelief and move on.
I rarely use the new posts function anyway, just new threads.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Tried the ignore function but it just makes for disjointed threads. I ended up using the "show ignored content" button more often than not, so now I just shake my head in disbelief and move on.
I rarely use the new posts function anyway, just new threads.

I tend to block whole boards, The conversations I do see flow and the very select personal ignore list that preceded the option to hide whole chunks. never venture out of the areas I don't see anyway.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
You've just reminded me of one of the many good reasons why I don't do FB, or any other public forum type thing. With one obvious exception - but even in here I tend to stick to the less controversial bo
ards.

Leaving and flouncing are not the same thing. Flouncing is a performance about leaving. It is possible to leave without flouncing, and, of course, to flounce without leaving.

screenman

Legendary Member

Which is the exception?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3577156, member: 45"]I currently have the 20-something angry son of a friend telling me to read UKIP links so that I'll understand that they aren't racist and want to encourage immigration.[/QUOTE]

I think the correct answer is to snort derisively and change the subject. Eye rolling is possibly too.

Hyslop

Veteran
Or learn to make it a game- like I do some times on local newspaper articles, people are on there having a moan, I answer all their gripes with common sense and end it with 'you'll be saying I HAVE to wear a helmet next' or some such similar, and watch them all go again. :popcorn::laugh:
You naughty person^_^Just as they put their tinfoil helmets away and their green pens back in the drawer,up you pop!Wonderful!

Sara_H

Guru
Especially not on Facebook. They will always drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Road tax. Aargghh!
Apparently i am very special for not realising it is a legal requirement and also entities you to park on the pavement.
Do you need us to weigh in?

Top Bottom