1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must resist......

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by red_tom, 14 Apr 2008.

1. red_tom

red_tom New Member

The Guv'nor. Saw one of these in the flesh last week - super sweet. I'd just need a flat cap to go with it.

[​IMG]

Reminds me of the one Julian Sands rode in Room with a view.

2. girofan

girofan New Member

Get your flat cap red tom. Put it on backwards, grow a handlebar moustache and you'll look just like Maurice Garin! :blush:

3. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Personally I love it. If I had unlimited funds I would go and buy one today. As it is I could only ever see it as a luxury item and would probably rarely ride it.

4. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

+1 - it'll definitely be in the stable should I have a large, and unexpected windfall though....

5. Landslide

Landslide Rare Migrant

6. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

Augustus Windsock! For those with a long memory of government safety films.

7. simonali

simonali Über Member

I have a small yearning for a Cannondale Bad Boy Singlespeed and have been using the no money excuse for not buying one. I've now discovered that a dealer not too far away does interest free credit! The thread title is becoming increasingly apt for me!!

8. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

Just wait until May when we'll be launching our range of retro bikes and re-launching an historic bicycle brand, too.;)

See it first at Mickle's Get Cycling show in Nottingham (spit,spit,spit (That's for mentioning the N town and not Mickle or the show))

9. hubgearfreak

hubgearfreak Über Member

luckily, they don't do it big enough for me.:evil:
    so i'm £800 better off

10. simonali

simonali Über Member

Do you have an inside leg longer than 38"? :evil:

11. hubgearfreak

hubgearfreak Über Member

no, but i find a normal bike less than 23.5 is too small. if they say so, i'm sure it'd extend up and be adequate, but still be not be quite right whilst looking silly, IMO

if you look at old photos, there's not huge amounts of seatpost exposed
    4518346196.jpg Garin03winner.jpg

i know that this sort of set up is fashionable nowadays, but we don't all follow fashion;)

[​IMG]

12. Fiona N

Fiona N Well-Known Member

Blimey, I must try get hold of some of the "Lumatwill" for an outfit for Windcheetering :evil: