Muvi clone robustness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthames

Über Member
I am just wondering how robust the micro muvi camera clones are?

The reason I ask is because if the wind stays as it was today I will probably go out and have some fun with my kite. For a bit of fun I am thinking of attaching my camera to the kite to get a birds eye view.

Any hints and tips?

thomas

the tank engine
They cost cost 50 pence don't they? I shouldn't worry if it breaks :thumbsup:

Will it be light enough for the kite to carry it, without loosing complete control of the kite?

OP
OP
Matthames

Matthames

Über Member
thomas said:
Will it be light enough for the kite to carry it, without loosing complete control of the kite?

That is what I am going to find out, I have been looking over the kite for a suitable location to clip it, which is the edge of the vents for one of the cells. I am hoping that there will be enough pressure when flying for the cell to remain in shape with the weight of the camera.

I originally thought about sticking it on the leech of the kite, but that would have caused the kite to stall easily. Although I have attached a lanyard from the camera to an attachment point on the leech, so that if the camera for what ever reason were to fall of it would just bring the kite down like a plastic bag.

OP
OP
Matthames

Matthames

Über Member
I gave it a try, not for long though as the wind was rather fluky today. What I had found is that because of the extra payload of the camera the kite needs a decent breeze to fly. It does give a really good birds eye view of every thing.

4711191779_0e6a51678f_b.jpg

Top Bottom