Muvi Mouting Ideas please :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
If anyone has a bright idea on how I could attach my muvi to my new motorbike helmet I would be very grateful :biggrin:

My best idea so far is to attach a mount to the side bits (bit of gaffa tape) and try that out...or just to use a mount on the bike itself.

BSRU

A Human Being
Are there any vent holes you could stick cable ties through?

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
If anywhere I'd say taped to the visor mount. I'd not tape anything to the helmet itself. Although I've a sneaky suspicion that the entire visor mount rotates in which case I'd suggest either bar mounted or lapel mounted on your jacket..

You do know that you are supposed to 'mount' the helmet on your head, don't you? That is a well protected hand.....:sad::thumbsup:

Oh and Thomas,

Can you please straighten that light shade. It's all wonky!:sad::thumbsup:

Matthames

Über Member
If it were me I would mount it on the bike in front of the clocks so they are not on camera. That way if you were to have your collar felt, your video won't incriminate you. Not that you would do that sort of thing of course.

If I am honest, for motorbike helmets bullet type cameras are much better. There are however some riders out there who stick the camera between the chin bar and their nose, which seems a bit dodgy, however the muvi is so small I am going to see if there is any impact on my field of vision when I use it with my motorcycle helmet in this way.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
BSRU said:
Are there any vent holes you could stick cable ties through?

Nope

gaz said:
Sticky back Velcro!

I had thought about that, could be a good idea. I could get another helmet mount and then use stick back velcro to stick it to the top of the lid.

brokenbetty said:
This is mine, should work for you too.

https://www.cyclechat.net/

The band is from Wiggle I think

Hmm, they're quite expensive those bands though, aren't they? What are they called? Only problem will be when the visor is up with that though.

magnatom said:
You do know that you are supposed to 'mount' the helmet on your head, don't you? That is a well protected hand.....:biggrin::biggrin:

harharhar. Yes :tongue:

magnatom said:
Oh and Thomas,

Can you please straighten that light shade. It's all wonky!:angry::biggrin:

hah, you notice the light shade, but NOT the naked women!!!! :biggrin: (seriously, there is one in shot)

Matthames said:
If it were me I would mount it on the bike in front of the clocks so they are not on camera. That way if you were to have your collar felt, your video won't incriminate you. Not that you would do that sort of thing of course.

If I am honest, for motorbike helmets bullet type cameras are much better. There are however some riders out there who stick the camera between the chin bar and their nose, which seems a bit dodgy, however the muvi is so small I am going to see if there is any impact on my field of vision when I use it with my motorcycle helmet in this way.

Don't worry, if I get stopped I'll just eat the memory card :biggrin:;)

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
I would mount it on the cheek pads - are they removable ones? if so, you could probably use a length of double sided velcro to create a strap

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
AndyCarolan said:
I would mount it on the cheek pads - are they removable ones? if so, you could probably use a length of double sided velcro to create a strap

Unfortunately not...but I am tempted to attach it to the cheek pads some how.

Alaskan Rob

Definitely on the cheek pad / the blue material just to the side of it, that's where I have mine. Velcro on there, and then stick velcro on the back of the Muvi.

It's then also behind the visor and so protected from rain and bugs. On the outside of the helmet its more likely to be damaged, especially if you do come off.

Top Bottom