Mwwhhhhhaaaaaahhaaaa World domination Begins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Based on an idea from my good friends here in Cycle Chat, I have done my first presentation to cycle commuters at a company on my beat.
Basically it sets me up as a single point of contact for commuters who wish to report problems with motorists during their commute. I also got involved with Bike Security and had the bikes at the company Smartwatered! It was well received and hopefully will get me access into other companies with a high number of cyclists in the area.
Of course the Sausage and Egg Buttie for my breakfast was a bonus!;)

Vincealot

Super stuff Vike. I think I need to join the force and become a contact for Coventry and its surrounding areas and aid in you domination!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Nice one Vike.

What was in the presentation? Did you cover the things they should/should not do, as well as what to do about errant motorists?

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

Arch said:
Nice one Vike.

What was in the presentation? Did you cover the things they should/should not do, as well as what to do about errant motorists?

Mainly it was just an introduction to what I can offer and what I hope to achieve. Advice on road safety and security of bikes.
Hope to do a full powerpoint presentation for my next one. However because I don't carry any Bikeability instructors certificates I can't give advice about road positioning etc!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Vikeonabike said:
However because I don't carry any Bikeability instructors certificates I can't give advice about road positioning etc!

Surely you could just give them some information on not being in the gutter, away from the door zone and that type of thing that is general knowledge;) rather than a full on Bikeability course - I presume you are only going to see these people for a very short length of time anyway.

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

summerdays said:
Surely you could just give them some information on not being in the gutter, away from the door zone and that type of thing that is general knowledge;) rather than a full on Bikeability course - I presume you are only going to see these people for a very short length of time anyway.

Duly Noted,,,,
Thanks Summer!;)

fimm

Veteran
Vikeonabike said:
... a company on my beat...
Sounds like an excellent idea! Genuine question - I didn't know policemen had beats anymore; I thought they'd gone out of fashion, or something. Is this usual?

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

fimm said:
Sounds like an excellent idea! Genuine question - I didn't know policemen had beats anymore; I thought they'd gone out of fashion, or something. Is this usual?
Some do, some don't...You still have neighbourhood policing teams, where an officer or small team of officers have responsibility for a local area. See your Constabulary website for details!

Jezston

Über Member
Vincealot said:
Super stuff Vike. I think I need to join the force and become a contact for Coventry and its surrounding areas and aid in you domination!

If that's you in your avatar, you do look like a copper :smile:

Vikeonabike said:
Mickey....I may be asking for some videos from you Magnatom and others for my presentation if thats ok?

Fine by me as well. I still have most of the original .wav footage.

Excellent idea about the presentation. If only I knew of a similar police officer near here.:smile:

I actually quite like giving presentations and I'm quite good at it (it's part of my job). I'd love to give talks to companies (bus, HGV etc) giving the cyclists perspective. It wouldn't be all pro bike/anti driver of course. It's finding the time to come up with something and getting the contacts to do the talks that holds me back.

Top Bottom