My 12 hours of A&E hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
Has anybody, outside of a cartoon show or comic strip, ever actually slipped on a banana skin? Who's their H&S consultant? Hanna-Barbera :wacko:

I don't know. But they have slipped on a grape and put a claim in to my knowledge so organisations do need to be careful about these things.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Has anybody, outside of a cartoon show or comic strip, ever actually slipped on a banana skin? Who's their H&S consultant? Hanna-Barbera :wacko:
On my quite a few visits to A&E departments I've never seen that kid with his head stuck in a sauce pan. One day I will see him!;)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't know. But they have slipped on a grape and put a claim in to my knowledge so organisations do need to be careful about these things.
Mrs Accy works at a local supermarket She used to tell me(when we were on speaking terms:rolleyes:) stories about customers dropping grapes, then 'accidentally' slipping on them and then putting a claim in. She said the management would offer the 'victim' a £10 shopping voucher,. Ok,it's not a big payout, but it's a tenner to be made for a few seconds work.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear

Yes, I have, in central London of the way to work. It was not pleasant. I also managed to get both feet in one of those wire loops you used to have in plastic hubcaps. Went over like a house of cards, also on the way to work.

'Fraid I don't trust A&E, my wife has white coat syndromic, her BP rockets when they take her BP. We've spent hours in A&E with the trying to get her BP down with drugs. On one occasion, the 'nurse' was actually taking her BP over the cannula and wondering why she was shaking/yelling. Utterly useless!

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm sat here almost immobile. It's taking me 3 times as long to do tasks and I have keep taking my left arm out the sling to use my walking stick to get around. When I had a hernia op' last September a hospital charity approached me as I was waiting for the hospital transport to take me home asking if I needed any aids such as a perching stool or a raised toilet seat. Yet this time when my situation is a lot worse no help was offered. They know I live on my own as they kept asking me if I did on Thursday night in the A&E. So that seems to be how it is. If you have an operation no matter how small it is they offer you assistance, yet immobility down my left side to add to my one eye working restricted sight doesn't register on their radar. Then of course there are the stairs I have to manage. How am I expected to hold a stair rail and a walking stick with one arm/hand?
Have you got a fracture clinic appointment to check the shoulder after the dislocation? If not, make an appointment to see the GP asap next week, to get it checked

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Good stuff

And I definitely won't be getting a taxi!

Last night I slipped in the gym shower and fell badly. As soon as managed to stand up I knew my shoulder was dislocated and my hip or leg was possibly broken. A member of staff phoned for the ambulance. I've just got back after nearly 12 hours in the A&E dept;. The thing is my hip hurts like hell, though the doctors who examined my x-ray insist it's just painful due to swelling. After id had my shoulder fixed while under sedation a nurse told me to make my way to the exit doors and more or less frind my own way home. I told him that I could hardly walk on it,but he insisted I tried. After about 1 minute or trying to walk my hip or leg gave way. The last time I felt pain like that was when I broke my hip them my leg 3 years ago. After refusing to try anymore they got a bit stroppy and kind of insisted I was making it up. They then re-examined my x-rays and told me there were no breaks. Again they insisted I walk on it. Again I was hit by excrutiating pain. To make matters worse after i'd used a wheelchair as a zimmer frame to make my way to the taxi rank, the taxi driver refused to even put my gym bag in the car let alone help me! I had to struggle while he sat their moaning about me holding him up. Then the git took a pound out of my change saying he wanted a tip for waiting. I'm in pain now and can't put more than say 40% weight on it. I don't know what to do. I certainly do not want to go back to Blackburn A&E department!
Ouch :eek: Heal fast Accy :hugs:

gavgav

Guru

Me, in a Supermarket in Worcester! Presumably some moron had helped themself to it and not wanted to pay for it. I wasn’t injured and so point making a fuss to the said Supermarket

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Have you contacted the gym?
Why should I ? Surely they should be contacting me to see how I am. What could I say to them if I did contact them?" Hi. Just letting you know I'm holding you to blame and you'll be hearing from my brief". No,it's best to hang fire and see if they contact me. Knowing them they won't though. They probably think/hope i'll just walk in on Monday evening and say " Ah forget it,it was just one of those things".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom