My 1st SMIDSY ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My routes around here are fairly busy roads but the traffic never normally actually stops. Yersterday there was horse racing on so there were queues. I used to ride a motorcycle so I was used to filtering down the outside, so I did the same, until I came across an impatient driver.

They decided to pull out right out of the queue into a garage forecourt as I was passing, to be fair I saw the indicator, but the manouver took place at the same time. I was only doing about 8mph so I did a mighty swerve aroung the front, and felt the car clip me somewhere behind.

Stopped, jumped off, no damage, heart racing and went and spoke to the driver. He claimed he looked but SMIDSY. I told him about his instantaneous use of mirror-indicate-manouver and he was very apologetic.

No harm done ATEOTD, but you need eyes on stalks don't you?

No harm done ATEOTD, but you need eyes on stalks don't you?

And a certain amount of psychic ability!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Phew, close one, glad you're okay.

Saw something similar the other day, chap swings right AS he starts to indicate.

I almost wonder if it was pre-meditated so as to be able to claim that he was indicating in the event of a collision

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Blow me, one day later, 1/2 a mile down the road at the Tesco Express, going the other way, it happened again! I knew it was a danger spot because there are only 5 parking spaces outside a busy Express, right on the main road and cars are coming and going all the time. I gave then a big doors width and still had the indicate, instant manouver done to me again. I had my front blinkys on as well. Anyway I had to do the big swerve around the front, stopped and looked back at this women who just sat there grinning. She soon stopped when I started shouting though.

Top Bottom