My 3 Bikes! (road, fixed and mtb)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aserota

Über Member
Hi all,

Well after 6 months of searching, researching, buying and building i finally have my 3 bikes running perfectly.

Road bike;
Trigon Road Bike 58cm
This was built by trigon in 2007. Dura-ace and FSA Carbon pro groupset. Currently running fulcrum 7 wheels with Conti Gator Skin tyres. Ritchey pro drops with San Marco carbon seat. Frame, forks, post and headset is carbon and made by Trigon (now no longer). New pedals on the way soon.

Used as my daily, although this will change when im more confident on the fixed. Its locked up inside at work, so no worries about the carbon on show.

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3219-1.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

MTB;
Well this has been an absolute nightmare (see other threads on this forum!). Bought off ebay as a near completed project, but many things were wrong. It now runs as it should and it really is grear fun to ride.

Large unknown Aluminium frame. Full XT Groupset, including XTR carbon brake boosters. Spinergy carbon wheels (running kenda off road tyres, not pictured). Now rides like a dream, which is a relief after all the time and money spent.

photo12.jpg

photo13.jpg

photo14.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

Fixed Wheel TT;
Got this built up yesterday (by me). For anyone who has never tried a fixed wheel bike; have a go, its so much more fun then any geared bike! Just getting used to braking without brakes (although it has a front brake for emergencies).

Large 56ish cm Dolan track frame. Front Trigon 50mm deep carbon tub wheel. HED Carbon disc rear wheel. Shimano 600 cranks, Stronglight chainring. ITM CX2 tri bars (changing to T2 Airwing bars shortly). Front brake.

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

dolan4.jpg

MajorMantra

Nice bikes. You should tighten the chain on fixed though, it looks quite slack.

Matthew

iLB

Hello there
Love the wheels on tht roadie, and the mtb come to think of it, three very nice looking bikes. O, and the chain looks a bit slack.

OP
OP
A

aserota

Über Member
Chain is a little slack indeed, am now in the process of changing bits over atm.

The rear HED wheel will be up for sale shortly and the trigon wheels are being rebuilt in April, so that will also be removed. The Tri bars are being replaced with an Aerowing x2 and a new 105 front brake will be used. Ill get a new chain in due course aswell.

snakehips

Nice trio of bikes. But what is it about chains on fixies ( I ask as somebody who has never had one or ridden one). Is it difficult to get the chain tensioned properly ? Or is it a joke that I am missing ? I have noticed repeated mention of slack chains on another forum.

Snakehips Bikes

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

MajorMantra

snakehips said:
Nice trio of bikes. But what is it about chains on fixies ( I ask as somebody who has never had one or ridden one). Is it difficult to get the chain tensioned properly ? Or is it a joke that I am missing ? I have noticed repeated mention of slack chains on another forum.

Setting the chain tension can be annoying as the margins between slack, correct tension, and too tight are quite small. It is also a joke though, as people traditionally vie to be first to point out any perceived (and sometimes nonexistent) slackness.

Matthew

Top Bottom