My Arse Hurts...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
also i used to be able to do 20miles easily and could do up to 30miles in one outing but can barely do 20miles at the moment, is this just a case of building up again?

thanks in advance...

I gave up over winter too and found that after a few months off the bike I had to start from scratch. Don't give up though it soon comes back to you. Well done on the weight loss too.

caimg

Über Member
You may need some more time for your backside to harden up.
I'm using these bamboo sports trunks http://www.bambooclothing.co.uk/store/show_product/MA705-BLK under unpadded tights or shorts, very comfortable. I have a charge spoon saddle on my fixed, its very comfortable but was a sod to get set up.

Sorry guys don't want to hijack the thread by asking a dumbass q but here goes - do saddles fit any bike as standard? Looking to pick up a charge spoon for my carrera subway...

D

Deleted member 1258

Sorry guys don't want to hijack the thread by asking a dumbass q but here goes - do saddles fit any bike as standard? Looking to pick up a charge spoon for my carrera subway...

They should all be a standard fitting.

snorri

Legendary Member
also i used to be able to do 20miles easily and could do up to 30miles in one outing but can barely do 20miles at the moment, is this just a case of building up again?
I think it is, even 10 miles is quite a long way if you have not been on a bike for a while.
Try getting out more frequently, but for shorter distances and I'm sure you will soon be up to full fitness without pain.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
i been cycling nearly a year and with all intention to go through winter, i couldn't brave the weather and decided to hit the gym, cycle and go spin classes. Been out for the 2nd time this year and after 10 miles my backside is really sore and painful. i tried to get some cycling shorts and couldn't get any that fit (44" waist) really annoying has i am loosing weight but what do i do in the meanwhile. currently cycling in cotton shorts and painful...

thanks in advance...

You can get shorts for about 7 quid-a-pop in Decathlon. XXL or XXXL should fit fine.

wbmkk

Veteran
Another sore arse here too
I have had a Brooks saddle since my first racing bike, a Carlton for my 12th birthday in 1970. The saddle was then transferred to two other bikes over the years. Yesterday, the wee metal cap at the front of it came off,.so it has finally reached the end of the line. 40 years was a good innings though.
Using a new saddle now, but not as pcomfortable.

Top Bottom