My Bacon Sarnies....what should I add???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I always believe that good quality bacon, and good quality bread really does not need anything else

Ketchup, brown sauce etc were designed to improve poor quality produce
I kind of agree, yet curry was invented to make rotten meat taste edible and perhaps HP works in the same way.

This is an important scientific debate and I feel the Government shod be investing more money on research,

pplpilot

Guru
Just bacon. Why over power the fantastic taste of home fed bacon (please tell me you are using home fed and not that water filled supermarket shite) with sauce of any kind?

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2225017, member: 259"]No, not so. That's a popular misconception, but it's quite wrong.[/quote]
Really? Well, I've learned sonething there!

So, that eliminates HP as an ancient recipe to disguise over ripe bacon.

See, the while history of this British institution is at risk of being lost to future generations and I demand the government fund my research into the whole affair.

Tiger bread is a great option for a bacon sandwich. I mainly eat wholemeal with seeds in but I agree Tiger is best for this job.
I dont have butter but that does not stop the perfect bacon sandwich.

Bacon is cooked in a pan but with no oil added - cut off rind, throw rind in hot pan just to add a spot of fat then take out rind and pop trimmed rashers in. Cook until well done. If there is some brown bits stuck in pan, add a table spoon or two of water to the pan and swirl the bacon round so they get coated in this as it lifts off the pan. It makes the bacon wet instead of fatty and full of flavour.
Onto bread- I put some lettuce that has had a splash of lemon juice onto the bread.
Bacon has to go from pan onto bread and eaten while hot.

I really watch my calories but have this. So getting back to OP - i see no need to cut down on bacon sandwiches as without butter or fat it is a healthy option. No need to cut down on carbs at all if you watch your calories. Most carbs are low (ish) in calories and fill you up to stop between-meal snacking.
Bread is least good but spuds rice and pasta is really low fat low calorie food. Just dont add any fat when cooking it!

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Bacon and Brie

Top Bottom