My Benotto is reluctantly for sale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi to you all out there. I am reluctantly reducing my bike numbers and the Benotto is up for sale albeit sensible offers will be seriously considered. I would prefer the bike to go as a complete machine but would consider part or parts. The listing can be viewed on E'bay under the listing number 302341090554 or directly on :---http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302341090554?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:blush:T&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2648

The listing is as follows :--
Here we have my Italian built frame in the form of a 52cm Benotto Model 850 Paris Roubaix.

It is offered at £425.00 on E'bay - down from £800.00 + albeit the work involved was very close to £980.00 after everything was added-up.
The frame has been extensively refurbished and rebuilt having had a Stove Enamelled finish
courtesy of C&G Finishes,Liverpool some 4yrs ago.
It has a new pair of Chromed Benotto Pantograph forks ( the original pair have been refinished as per the frame) shown in the images of the Benotto as purchased on the E'bay listing.
The Benotto has covered less than 250miles since the work was carried-out to restore it to a delightful Classic Italian Road Race Cycle.
It is currently running on Mavic Aksium rims/hubs with an 8spd Campagnolo 12:13:15:17:19:21:23:25 cassette and a 46:38:26 Triple Stronglight chainset on 140mm Thorn Cranks.
The images shown will endorse what has been carried-out and mostly with new parts and or carefully selected pre-owned parts.
The frame number R8578 and the Colnago Heart to the underside of the will evidence this as a genuine Italian built frame (not a Mexican built frame as so many sadly are).

The last three images show the Benotto as purchased - neglected and seriously bodged.

**Please note this is a collect only item from Bescar not Ormskirk. I am 5 minutes from a railway station on the Southport to Wigan line which in turn gives access to Manchester/Warrington and all other regions.

I can be contacted on 07710-002992. DSCF4005.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think @woodbutcher might be interested.

Hi woodbutcher. The Benotto has been restored/resurrected to my own personal preference. If you wanted it for a L'Eroica event then there is scope for a few tweaks here and there. This would then leave you with the odd few non-required bits as saleable items.

SteveParry

Guru
Out of interest which Camapg 8 speed rear derailleur and shifters are they? I have a Harry Hall with Campag Veloce shifters and derailleur myself.

Out of interest which Camapg 8 speed rear derailleur and shifters are they? I have a Harry Hall with Campag Veloce shifters and derailleur myself.

Hi Steve. Thank you for your comment and suggestion post #6. It is something that I should have but had considered until your suggestion.

The Campagnolo derailleur that I used is a NOS Avanti running on a cassette made-up of individual sprockets 12:13:15:17:19:21:23:25 with a short cage.
The front derailleur is an 'Old School Double' that is controlling a Stronglight Triple with 46:38:26 rings.
The whole set-up is on Campagnolo Mirage levers.

Top Bottom