my birthday present...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
perhaps he doesn't agree with the practice of asking for what you want for a birthday present, and thinks it should be a surprise - something you wouldn't have bought for yourself anyway. The fact that you asked for cycling stuff indicates that's the sort of stuff you would (probably will?) buy yourself anyway.

Yeah, but a surprise ought at least to be a nice one...

I bet my Mum would be surprised if I bought her a 15 gallon drum of Castrol GTX and a copy of "Megazombiedeath for Playstation", but that wouldn't mean it was a good present...

Yeah, the Satnav saddle idea - voice might be a bit muffled....

OP
OP
Emu

Emu

It was my 40th. He knew what I wanted. He knew instantly that he'd made a mistake and he's sulked ever since. It was his 60th on Sunday. He got exactly what he wanted. He even got a birthday cake. I didn't get that either. I'm even organising a belated family gathering for him. It's not a surprise to him but he's not been the one contacting his siblings and his kids from his first marriage.

Anyway, no more of my whining! Life begins at 40 :tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
HE'S sulked?! Dear god, can no-one admit when they got it wrong these days?

I guess he's embarrased at making such a mistake, but really...

So, does life really begin at 40? I have two years to go,and I'm hoping that by then I might have decided what I want to be when I grow up...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
By agreement, Mrs Fnaar and I went through a phase of buying each other functional stuff that we needed/wanted for the home, rather than spending non-existent cash on surprises. Hence the barely concealed shock of my colleagues when I came back from the shops one lunchtime with a wind-up radio for her birthday! And my barely concealed disappointment at getting a new set of saucepans for Christmas... :tongue: :?:

Top Bottom