My commute video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

Tut tut, riding on the pavement at one point. (Not that I mind!)

It would take a lot to get me to cycle on some of those roads or down that subway at the end. What happens if someone comes the other way?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

RedBike said:
Tut tut, riding on the pavement at one point. (Not that I mind!)

It would take a lot to get me to cycle on some of those roads or down that subway at the end. What happens if someone comes the other way?

I don't! I get off and walk. There is no way I would cycle on a pavement. Imagine the flak I would take!:smile:

There are actually two tunnels, one gong north and one going south. At the moment one is closed, so we have to share. It means you have to take care going around the bends in the tunnel.

col

Legendary Member
I actually enjoyed watching that, liked the music too, looks like a good ride with no real hills to spoil the pace. Recognised a couple of places from previous vids aswell. Just curious but even with the speed up it looked like you can move along pretty well, what is your average speed there?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

User3143 said:
I think you could have filtered some more, especially when you was behind the 4x4 BMW? Just my opinion though, not saying what you did was wrong. Also when making right hand turns in traffic you sometimes take the o/s line line where as I would take the n/s line. Just my thoughts.

I used to filter there, down the right, but as you can see the road curves around to the left and space is tight. Also cars turn onto that road (coming towards me quite quick, so you don't have much time to react/get out of the way. So I stopped doing it, as it wasn't worth the time saved.

I don't like left filtering, here as I've seen cars change lane without notice. It's not obvious to anyone who doesn't know the area that the right lane is right turn only.

Lee could you provide an example of my right turning, i.e. what time in the video, and I'll have a look.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

User76 said:
I think you take some crap lines, your braking is rubbish, the filtering is poor and you could a lot more headway if you didn't keep checking the camera is still working. You clearly cycle on the pavement, and red-lights are for stopping at you numpty.

Anyway, thats my critique of the film and Magnatoms riding style, and if I get chance tomorrow I may even see if I can watch it:biggrin:

Cheeky devil! :sad:.....:biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

User3143 said:
The first RHT you make at the traffic lights about a minute in.

Ah, I know why I ended up in a unusuall position there. Often the traffic turning right gets backed up and has to stop. However, that is no reaso for me not to progress. If they are forced to stop I slide down the right hand side, so if I suspect that the traffic is going to back up, I take a right hand position. It didn't back up this time so I called it wrong, but no harm done.

Top Bottom